BEETARSTA™

Comfg HTML?JavaScrpt

Monday, August 17, 2009

Beetar has sent you this Mippin

A message from your friend Beetar
BEETARSTAâ„¢


Drake Breaks Down On-Stage Collapse, "I Wanted To Jump Into The Crowd"
by ThisizGame



Rap newcomer Drake recently explained how his publicized on-stage collapse last month happened and how the injury could have been avoided.

Reflecting on his reaction to the sold-out Philadelphia crowd, Drizzy blamed the collapse on his excitement.

"What the footage doesn't show is that I actually came out of the sky that night," he revealed in an interview. "I was 20 feet in the air on a little platform. Philadelphia was the only sold-out show on the tour -- 25,000 people. And before they see me, I see them for about five seconds. I was staring out into the crowd and I literally -- when I landed on that platform, I blacked out and really forgot I was injured. I was just so full of adrenaline, so happy to be there, it kind of set in for me. I remember on the I Am Music tour, the reaction was great. But these were my songs. These are songs people know and love and we really made this happen in a short time. I was just enjoying myself. I had the mic and I was really going. And when 'Best I Ever Had' came on, I felt like dancing. It was a great moment. I wanted to run across stage, I wanted to jump into the crowd."

Reports of his on-stage fall made headlines in late July.

My girl Marisa is backstage tonite at the "America's Most Wanted" show in Camden, New Jersey and just filled me in on the worst-case scenario that just happened onstage : ( According to her and other witnesses, Drake and Lil Wayne were performing "Best I Ever Had" when Drake was moving across the stage and did a spin move he must have turned his already-injured knee while spinning, because Drake suddenly collapsed on the stage. "He put his head down because he was in so much pain," and then 4 guys ran out on the stage and had to carry him off. Lil Wayne was left onstage in a state of confusion.

After informing fans of his well-being via Twitter, Drizzy later wrote a personal message in his blog.

"This bottle of Opus One is low but my spirits are high my friends," Drake wrote. "I am about 2 hours away from Toronto, CA where I will be spending the next chunk of time recovering from a surgery that I now must have. I embarked on this tour with a torn ACL, MCL, and LCL and due to the events that happened the other night lord only knows what other damage I have done. On the bright side I will begin the reflecting and soul searching that its going to take to make this album and my outfit on the night I fell was crack. I will forever push myself beyond the limits despite advice and recommendations given because even with this new found success I am still the kid who wanted this more than anything in the world."

While not fully re-joining the tour, Drake did appear on-stage during one of the Canada shows earlier this month.

"Look, I wanna say one thing," Drizzy told the crowd. "Before every show I've ever seen this man do, the greatest entertainer I'll ever witness. Make some noise for Lil Wayne. Now listen up, before every show he does, he tells the crowd to make some noise for what they've created. My man, I just wanna shake your hand for what you do..."

Footage of Drake's collapse landed online last month:



No comments:

Post a Comment